[3830] ARRLDX SSB AE7DX SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@bmg50.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AE7DX SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:18:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AE7DX
Operator(s): AE7DX
Station: AE7DX

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Silver Springs, NV
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:   2      2
   80:   4      2
   40:  63     34
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  63     34  Total Score = 6,426

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Snow on Thursday resulted in very high power line noise level. I did not have
the feedline for my 580-foot Beverage out Friday night (it has to run across our
driveway) but did have it out Saturday night. The decrease in noise level more
than offset the loss of the antenna!

My first contest with a rig easy to use running split...it was fun! Not many
hours in the chair...still recovering from bronchitis which probably made my
voice sound like an aurora signal at times :>) I was surprised at the number of
stations heard transmitting with the wrong VFO. I was *really* careful not to
make that mistake.

I did make a few Q's on 160 and 80 but have submitted an SOSB/40 entry. KH7X was
really loud on all 3 bands! I was pleased to hear 6V6U making Q's by call
district. I could not work him thru the "curtain" until he eliminated the
problem by doing that...thanks!