[3830] ARRLDX SSB K8IR SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K8IR SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:57:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8IR
Operator(s): K8IR
Station: K8IR

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:    0     0
   15:  135    56
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  135    56  Total Score = 22,680

Club:

Comments:

I was encouraged by the conditions on 15 during the CW weekend, so I
decided to do 15 as my single band effort.  The main goal was to get
plenty of sleep. Mission accomplished!  I did manage to pretty much
equal my 15 meter score in the CW contest, but it took a whole lot longer.

I had thought of running high power, but the amp blew a tube when I fired it
up first thing Saturday morning. So it became a low power effort, and even
though the amp was repaired Saturday night, I resisted the temptation to use
it.  I think V51 was the only mult I heard that I didn't work. He faded
before I could break the pile.

I never heard northern Europe, although picked up OE, HG, and 9A in a
couple of very brief openings. I did work a few JA's, just as on CW weekend,
as well as several Pacific mults.  Mostly it was beaming south, although
the propagation was quite variable.

It was a little slow, but at least I'm well rested.  Thanks for the QSO's.