[3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4LR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:45:38 -0800

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
A3S/A743 at 15m (15, 20, 40m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Equipment:
K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:
Just grabbed about 2 hours - 15 mintes Friday night, some Saturday night, and
the last hour of the contest. Not much time to operate this one, but I did
manage to finish the re-build on my shunt-feed matching network. This unit is
built into a 6x6x6 NEMA box at the base of the tower, and doesn't appear to have
any arcing problems that plagued my earlier attempts.

Only 5 QSOs on 80m. Worked really hard on a 6th QSO, but DL1Z just couldn't get
my whole call. He got it down to AA4L? but then went in another direction.
Thanks for trying OM, perhaps next time.