[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2RDS(@WA2C) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2rds@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W2RDS(@WA2C) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:38:12 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2RDS
Operator(s): W2RDS, WA2C
Station: WA2C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:    7     7
   80:   77    41
   40:   94    51
   20:  665    96
   15:  194    65
   10:   29     9
-------------------
Total: 1066   269  Total Score = 860,262

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Station played well, no major technical problems.  The Writelog would kept
loosing the serial connection to the TS950 - upgraded to the newest version of
WL before the contest so not sure if that has a bug or what (the interface has
worked flawlessly with WL for the past 3 years).  We had a piece of bad coax
that we had to track down and replace before the contest started, and the Alpha
Spid on the second tower did wig out Sunday morning but powering it down and
then resetting per the manual seemed to do the trick.  Put up a K9AY receiving
loop quickly (19°C outside) Friday morning in a less than optimal physical
configuration - no help on the low bands.

Able to hold a frequency on 20m off and on all weekend but anable to get any
really significant runs going so did a lot of search and pounce.  We were hoping
15m was going to open up Sunday morning but it never happened, and 10 was non
existant all weekend.

Highlights included being called by VU2WAP on 15m Saturday morning, and 9M6DXX
on 20m Sunday morning.

We had a lot of fun and were able to get some sleep too.