[3830] ARRLDX SSB ES5TV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ES5TV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:52:30 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5TV
Operator(s): ES5TV
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   23    12
   80:   89    20
   40:  121    26
   20:  200    41
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  433    99  Total Score = 128,601

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

Just played around in the last 6 hours of the contest to generate some packet
pile-ups and give ES mult out on 40-80-160 were no serious operation was taking
place from ES. It was nice to compare who won the packet battles between the big
guns. Before the first spot I was calling CQ on 80m with only a few answers for
some 10-15 minutes and then 25 QSOs in 5 minutes.

Here are the winners of first packet spot pile-ups on low bands:

40m
1. N1AU
2. K8AZ
3. K1TTT
4. K1AR
5. K3LR

80M
1. W3BP
2. K0TV
3. KC1XX
4. K3LR
5. N1AU

160M
1. K1GUN
2. K1TTT
3. K2XA
4. K3LR
5. WE3C

Good job by K3LR to be quick everywhere. Still, had a funny episode with them on
20m. After the first spot K3LR was among the first ones also to put in a call on
my frequency. I answered but the 20m op did not reply. They were very strong so
I am 100% certain there was no exchange for me, just dropped in a call once into
the pile-up. So about 3 hours later when the band is closing down I do some S&P
and call K3LR - the Run station op claims we have a QSO already. Well, I suspect
the UBN is not going to look nice if their Mult Station op was putting QSOs into
the log just like that - throw the call in the pile up and that's it:) Anyway,
finally I was able to convince the Run op that it is for his benefit to put that
new QSO in the log.

CU in RDXC
73
tonno