[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DAD SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1dad@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DAD SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:42:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1DAD
Operator(s): W1DAD
Station: W1DAD

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 8.4

  160:    1     1
   80:   22    16
   40:   44    33
   20:  152    53
   15:   66    39
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  286   143  Total Score = 122,694

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: IC-756PRO 100 watts
Ant: Carolina Windom 160 Special - 35' high in center, 10' & 20' high on ends
     Carolina Windom 620 (6m through 20m) - 40' high
     Butternut HF6V vertical - 8' high w/ 24 elevated radials (8' to 66'long)

I operated a little on Friday evening but barefoot against the big guns on 80
and 40 wasn't real productive. I also operated for an hour or two on Saturday
but the majority of my "time in chair" was between 2:45 AM and 7:30 AM local
time Sunday morning.  The first three hours between 2:45 AM and 5:45 AM local
were not very productive and I only averaged about 15 Qs/Hour.  I think most
people were napping at this point.

Things got better as sunrise approached and I managed to work a KH6 on 80m and
several JA and VK on 40m. The vertical was better than the low wires for working
this DX.  On Sunday morning my first 20m QSO was at 1039z with S54ZZ.  My first
15m QSO was at 1151z with PS2T.  My only 160m Q was VP5H at 1012z and my only
10m Q was with CX5BW at 1813z.
I have enjoyed reading so many of the contest comments.  Thanks to all of the DX
for their participation.
73,  Peter  W1DAD