[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5NA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@ecpi.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5NA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:36:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA K5DU K2UR N5ZC N3BB KI5DR
Station: K5NA

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:   48    37
   80:  123    66
   40:  388    91
   20:  535   113
   15:  556   113
   10:   72    22
-------------------
Total: 1739   442  Total Score = 2,283,372

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun weekend in Central Texas.

The low bands (160M, 80M, & 40M) played very nicely from here and we worked some
good stuff. Also 10M/15M were about what you would expect at this point in the
cycle and were moderately productive.

But 20M was a madhouse and almost impossible for us to do much, especially to
Europe through the East Coast. Every frequency was already 4 deep with stations
and if we called CQ, it was unlikely that we could copy anyone who called us.
Our crew tried hard to make something happem on 20M but we just couldn't get the
job done. But I think the guys did as good as it was possible to do with the
hardware they had available.

But over all, we felt competitive with the rest of the country in the M/S
category and I think it is the catergory that we do best in.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to work us.

73, Richard - K5NA