[3830] WiQP KB9OWD SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP KB9OWD SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:13:47 -0800
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: Dodge Cty
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  232    217  Mults = 97  Total Score = 99,085.5

Club:

Comments:

The 99,085.5 is with the 1.5 low power multiplier.

Again traveled the couple miles into town to the QTH of Duane, W9BCV.  Most
everything went off without a glitch.

Upper bands were dead as expected.  Worked 1 station of 15 CW.  Never seemed to
get anything going on 20.  Very limited phone contacts there.  My first CW spurt
put together a steady run for 15 minutes then done.  Never felt loud there at
all.  Was happy to pick up a KL7 for Alaska mid day.

As expected 40 and 80 was where it was at.  40 was in good shape here early on.
Was able to run like crazy on CW, including a 105 first hour (1800 - 1900) on 40
between CW and phone.  Things came back to normal but when all else failed was
able to pick it back up on CW.  Nice runs also on 40 phone about 2000 and 75
phone about 2200.

Was able to get things hooked up with the CAT on the MK-V but could not get it
to auto send the CW so all CW was hand sent.  Kept telling me the serial port
was not a valid port...???

Many thanks to those who made it in the log several times.  W1END in NH was in
several times as well as KO7X in Wyoming.  Alan always seems to have a good
signal up this way no matter how lousy conditions seem to be.  Numerous IL and
MN stations made it in the log several times, nice to see such a good turn out.
Also nice to be called several times by the mobiles in different counties.  Also
a nice suprise to see Ethan, K8GU pop in a 40 and 80 CW from IL late.  Been
awhile since I had heard from him.

Local storms made 80 very difficult late in the running (last hour and a half),
especially on 80 where the noise was a steady 10 over with static crashes even
higher.  40 was also carrying 5/9 noise at the end.  I know there were some I
missed, especially on 80 but conditions just would not allow it.  My
apologies.

See you all in the upcoming WPX SSB and CW later in May.

73,

Ryan KB9OWD