[3830] WiQP NE9U Multi-Op Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP NE9U Multi-Op Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:28:14 -0800
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U, N9ISN
Station: NE9U

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   78
   40:  318
   20:  151
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:          25
--------------------
Total:  547     25  Mults = 62  Total Score = 112,067.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Well, as others have said, this was kind of a weird WQP.  I'm not sure if
activity was down or condx in to the population areas was bad or maybe the
population areas were not on their radios due to all the bad weather.

Our rates started out OK, but just gradually declined all afternoon.  2 years
ago, my final hour rate was 120.  This year it was 59.   20 never got going like
it usually does.  It did seem like quite a bit of activity on 80 in final 2
hours but it was very tough for a mobile to find a clear enough spot.  I'd try
Cq'n and in a few minutes get run off by a loud fixed station.  S&P wasn't too
successful either.  Maybe next time I wont center the useable 15 kc or so of the
mobile antenna on 3550.  I probably stayed on 80 too long, but I thought I'd
give it a chance.  40 probably was the place to stay.

Nothing too eventful to report this year.  My usual partner/driver was still
recuperating from his surgery, so N9ISN drove and manned the 2 meter radio.  He
ended up getting 25 Q's and 2 mults we wouldn't have had otherwise.  I think a
guy could do real well on 2 meters down in the fox river valley to Milwaukee to
Madison area....not where we were though!
We decided at the last minute to change our route due to the weather that was
already in the counties we had planned to head for.  I'm not sure if it snowed
down that way or not, but we decided not to take the chance.  Maybe that can be
our route next year...

Minnesota was in February, Wisconsin in March....
Anyone up for Michigan next month?  :-)))

73

Scott  NE9U