[3830] Rus DX N6WG SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX N6WG SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:30:13 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0     0         0        0
   80:    5     0         1
   40:   15     0         4
   20:   23     0         6        3
   15:    5     0         5        1
   10:    0     0         0        0
Total:   48     0        16        4  Total Score = 3,900

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first try at this contest, so I just nibbled around the edges to
see what might happen.  Condx here were not very good, and I didn't hear a lot
of DX.  I did work 8 Russian stations along the way.  Only worked 4 JAs, though,
which surprised me.  I'm just glad we got to count QSOs with our
own country, as 27 out of 48 Qs were with other US stations.

Nothing heard at all on 10m, though I checked periodically.  Also nothing
heard on 160m.

My best DX QSOs were 6W/RW3TN, R1ANF, and ZL4BR.  I guess I should be pleased
with that, as I ran my usual 5w and WimpyWire antenna system.  No new DX was
heard or worked, though.

I think this will be a more interesting contest when condx improve in a few
years.  Thanks to everyone for the Qs.

73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude