[3830] ARRLDX SSB 8R1ZUM(K7ZUM) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 8R1ZUM(K7ZUM) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:41:55 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8R1ZUM
Operator(s): K7ZUM
Station: 8R1ZUM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GUYANA S.A.
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:  278    46
   40:  293    45
   20:  602    56
   15:  521    57
   10:  147    25
-------------------
Total: 1841   229  Total Score = 1,264,767

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Looking at a map several months before my traveling partner
(Craig,8R1EA,AH8DX)
and I left for Guyana, and with what I figured would be the sunspot number,and
taking a single Butternut HF6V as my only antenna, I told Craig that I would be
very happy with 2,000 Q's, was not far off !! very frustrating in the mornings
and early afternoon calling endless CQ's, with no answers, and just as
frustrating calling loud U.S. stations, with no answers ! conditions so bad
Sunday morning, after 40 and 75 folded, I spent 3 hours S&P'ing and calling
endless CQ's, for a total of 5 Q's, I went and took a nap. Was also thinking,
where's my BEAM ! and I sure could have used a few more SUNSPOTS
All in all, had a great time, the RTTY pileups were AWSOME ! what great fun
those were. thanks to my Hosts, they were generous to no END !
I see that my friend Papa forty Willy, whipped me BAD !
but you just wait John, when the sunspots come back, I'll be whipping you good
with my trusty ole Butternut !!

thanks to all for the Q's
Ken.....8R1ZUM