[3830] BARTG ZL2AMI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rstewart@paradise.net.nz
Subject: [3830] BARTG ZL2AMI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:21:38 -0800
                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: ZL2AMI
Operator(s): ZL2AMI
Station: ZL2AMI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Quartz Hill
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    3       3          1
   40:  140      29         19
   20:  184      37         20
   15:  129      14         23
   10:    0       0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  456      83         63  Continents = 6  Total Score = 399,456

Club:

Comments:

The propagation was very poor the first day but much better on the second day. I
finally managed to work Phil GU0SUP and a good few more EU's. All the paths from
ZL were bad and there were many hours of no signals. My greatest problem came
from the Chinese OTHR which blanked out the digital bands on 40m and 80m at my
sunrise and sunset both days. The thing would QRT for a few minutes and I would
get in a few contacts before it came back on. A real turn-off as I should have
been able to make lots more contacts on 40m than I managed. Some of you must
have been surprised by my antics and annoyed that at times I could not complete
some contacts.