[3830] WPX SSB OK1RI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OK1RI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:15:58 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OK1RI
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:  121
   80:  336
   40:  824
   20: 1329
   15:  553
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

After my not very excelent doing last year (3. in Eu - DL6FBL and S58A beat me
by some margin, I changed the strategy a bit. We will see if it will do....

The propagation on low bands was nothing to dream for. It was "far away" from
ARRL SSB this year. I expected the scores are going to be at least 10% lower to
last year (see QSO# on 15 etc.) but it seems not to be the case ?!?!?

The WX was again not too kind to me (well "us" here in the middle of Eu). During
ARRL SSB it was snowing the whole 2nd night this time it was raining about 70%
of the time of this weekend, so again the static was ON.

I have only listened on 10m for a couple of seconds but decided to forget it
completely.

The 15m was marginal in Saturday (only 4 stn from the USA) but very different in
Sunday - 170 made it even some from CAL.

JA was practically non existent - I made on all -well better to say both
(20+40)- bands only 44 QSOs !!!
Considering this i.e. missing those well over 100 JA prefixes from previous
years I expected that to achieve 1000 would be very tough, but the new licences
mostly here in Eu compensated.

During the contest I was quite depressed by small count of my QSOs compared to
others I heard and started to consider a change in the selected strategy, but we
will see on the end.....

As a matter of fact look at the scores from last minimum i.e. 1995-6. Would we
dream those days about the scores of today ?

Thanks all for a QSO !

73 !

Jiri