[3830] LP Sprint K4RO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] LP Sprint K4RO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 06:52:44 -0700
                    Low Power CW Sprint

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   42
   40:   46
   20:   41
---------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Hours were 57, 33, 29 and 10.   It felt like everyone just
quit with about a half hour to go.  I turned on the TV at
02:45z out of boredom. That's never happened in a Sprint.
This was good for two-radio practice, because the pace was
so slow. Twenty meters was fun for an hour. Forty meters was
down to about 6 kHz, with the Sprinters wedged between the EA
RTTY and SP DX contesters. The QRN was rough on 80m and I worked
one fellow calling CQ QCWA with few answers. I had to bail on
at least two QSOs because the stations just disappeared into
the noise for good.  Participation was down considerably from
last May. Perhaps there isn't rally enough interest to support
more than two CW Sprints per year? Thanks to N4AF for trying
to get something going. Sprint ops are the best, and always fun
to work.

73

-Kirk  K4RO