[3830] MiQP N2CU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP N2CU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:16:41 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

   80:   88     22
   40:   66     27
   20:    1      0
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  155     49  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 28  Total Score = 33,746

Club: WNYCC

Comments:

Knowing that I would have a hard time working any 20m stations due to the short
distance between WNY and MI, I chose to run HP and maximize my chances of
getting some QSO's there. HA, what a cruel joke! 20m was non-existent and 40
sounded more like 20 should have been. Just when 40m started to get better, the
QRN came on big time and forced me to 80m early where I was surprised to find
less QRN and a handful of stations to work. Gradually more showed up and 80/75
became the money band in terms of QSO's per hour. The QRN was bearable for all
but the last hour there, but I stuck with it and was rewarded with some new
counties. Thanks once again to the mobiles who stuck with it even though they
didn't seem to be getting the rates one would expect for mobiles. You guys are
appreciated!

Mobile QSO leaders are: NU8Z 16, K8IR 13, AD8J 11, WT9U 10, and K8MR, W1NN,
AF8A, WI9WI with 5 each.

Congrats to the guys down south who enjoy good skip on 20, 40 and can work 80
without much problem. I get to look forward to this again in a few weeks
(NEQP)!

73,
Tom N2CU <><