[3830] NCCC Sprint(4-21) N3BB/M QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(4-21) N3BB/M QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:23:03 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (4-21)

Call: N3BB/M
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   1     1
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Interesting!  Probably this will be the lowest score ever posted in the NS,
tying the famous N6TR/KL7 score from Alaska in the regular Sprint one time.

I was on a very quiet hilltop near Coopersburg, near Allentown, PA.  The mobile
set up was a Chevy Suburban with a 20 meter ham stick on a mag mount, plus a K1
at 5 Watts.  Therefore I was only on 20 meters.  WD0T was the loudest station
here by far, and my only QSO.  VA7ST was the second loudest, and W0BH third.  I
got a "?" and "N3?" from W0BH.  I could hear the east coast stations very
faintly on backscatter, and the W6 stations and K7NV all were weak, but louder
than the backscatter N4AF and company.  But my signal was too weak for any to
copy except for Todd, WD0T.

I did listen on 40 meters on the 20 meter ham stick, and people were loud and
clear, but my SWR was infinite and no chance there.

Back home next week and hopefully active there.

73,  Jim N3BB