[3830] FlQP W1END SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP W1END SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 03:48:47 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W1END
Operator(s): W1END
Station: W1END

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   40:   10     0
   20:  213     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  223     0  CW Mults = 62  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 27,652

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Twenty meters had quite good propagation from NH.  Forty wasn't too hot though.
Checked 15M from time to time but heard nothing.  Missed Sunday morning when
many of the mobiles were in the pan handle.  That's probably why I didn't get a
sweep as the five counties I missed were in a cluster up there.  But that's no
excuse.  I was running in a 5-mile road race which is one of my other hobbies.
I'm sure I had more fun in the FL qp.

I get a rush when the mobiles tweak up the code speed toward the end of the
party.  Do they also tweak the gas pedal a bit to get to all those promised
counties on time?  They sure did an outstanding job.  Without them the bands
would be almost dead.

While tuning on Sunday afternoon I heard one of the mobiles sending me a report.
 He probably heard a fragment of a call sign from some other station and sent
his exchange.  It helps to have an easily remembered call!

Cant wait 'till next year to try again for a sweep.

Thanks to everyone especially the mobiles and score keepers.

See you in the New England QSO Party on May 6.

Eldon - W1END