[3830] NCCC Sprint(5-5) K3STX LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(5-5) K3STX LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 20:12:24 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (5-5)

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   7      5
   40:  13      8
   20:   7      6
-------------------
Total:  27     19  Total Score = 513

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I'm not sure if I just had fun or not. This was my SECOND try at SO2R, it really
worked this time. It is REALLY hard for me to hear well with only one ear (this
will take LOTS of practice) and my TS-520S (radio 2) has no CW filter, lots of
stuff in the old headphones like that.

How many times did I type in a call, only to realize I was throwing my call in
there ON THE WRONG RADIO!! Sorry about that guys, you must be wondering "Why is
K3STX sending his call all the time?". And pity the poor soul who asked for a
fill, I was using my paddles and got ALL confused about what paddles were keying
which rig. Oh well, practice practice practice. One thing I think I FINALLY got
toward the end was to constantly CQ on one of the radios. This would probably be
easier in NAQP when I really can sit there and CQ away on one radio.

Oh well, now that I think about it, I guess it was fun after all.

CU next week.

paul