[3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 17:48:22 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:    102
   40:    171
   20:    209       14
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    496       14  Mults = 64  Total Score = 62,592

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite contests. I wasn't sure how
conditions would hold up so I pushed hard on Saturday. I started on 20, then
went to 40 and finally 80 to close out day 1. I had 325 QSO's and 57
multipliers in the log at 0500 Sunday. Conditions were very good on 20 and 40.
80M was noisy at times but stations were readible including a nice call from
DL5AWI.

I was surprised to hear DX calling me while running the USA. CU2JT, RK2FWA,
LZ4UU, YO4ATW, TK5IH, OK2RU were all loud. Thanks for the QSO's !!  Where was
South America and the Caribbean ?

I had limited hours on Sunday due to a special ceremony being inducted into my
high school athletic hall of fame for track and field. I lost about 4 hours in
the middle of the day to this event. I managed to get back on 40M in the final
25 miuntes and got 35 stations and 2 new mult's to bump the score past 60K.

This was my best effort ever in this contest and broke my previous record for
Norfolk County MA set in 2004 by about 17K points. Unfortunately, I never heard
anything on 15M except K1RX calling CQ. He could not hear me depsite repeated
attempts. 15 and 10M were completely flat the entire weekend here. I wanted to
QSY to 15M for several stations but could not hear anything. In fact WWV on 20
MHz was inaudible here the entire weekend.

I did try to work some stations on 20M SSB but couldn't get anything going
beyond W4. 80 watts doesn't have much punch when 20M is crowded. I was glad to
hand out a few points in this mode. I listened on 75M several times but didn't
hear anybody in the NEQP. Several AM stations had the frequency completely
covered here and nets occupied +/- 8Khz on both sides of the suggested
frequency. I decied to stick with CW.

Another great NEQP. Glad to provide mutliple contacts for various stations. I
worked many stations on three bands. Thanks for all the great QSO's and to the
many good CW Op's keeping this mode alive.

73...Rick   N1DC    I will 100% QSL Norfolk County MA upon request