[3830] 7QP W6YX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP W6YX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:06:03 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH W6RK N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:   47     73
   40:   68    114
   20:   94     59
   15:    2      1
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

There was good activity from 7-land.  Calling CQ on Phone was surprisingly
productive!  Risto checked 160m, but never heard any 7-land signals there.

I woke up really early Saturday morning and arrived at the shack at 5am to
install the new version of Writelog that supports 7QP.  Unfortunately, when I
tried to install Writelog, I got a Windows error message stating that a DLL
could not be run and to consult my administrator, at which point the
installation halted.  AGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!  Fighting Microsoft way too early on a
weekend is NOT what I wanted!  I noticed this same problem was previously
raised on the Writelog reflector, but there was no solution posted.  After some
digging on Google, I found that upgrading the Windows Microsoft Installer may
help.  Then it took about 15 minutes to navigate through broken links on the
Microsoft downloads web site, and finally managed to hack my way through it to
download the upgrade.  Installed it, then attempted Writelog install, and it
went through successfully!  Because of all this, we ended up starting the
contest 35 minutes late.

We made 100 QSOs with OR, and 98 with WA.  Mike had fun running stations from
his home state of OR on 40m Phone.  I was really surprised by all the activity
in WY and MT (56 Qs in MT, 41 in WY).

7QP was fun and we look forward to next year's running!

73...
-Dean - N6DE