[3830] 7QP NK7U Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP NK7U Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:02:58 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, K7ZO, K7MK, KL2A
Station: NK7U

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Oregon -- Baker Cty
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:   18       1
   80:   35     211
   40:  117     405
   20:   89     992
   15:    2      36
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

What a great showing for a first time effort. Kudos to K5RC, K4XU and all the
other coordinators. This is going to be one of the top QSO parties! We worked
116 W7 counties so there were certainly stations on the air.

Congrats to K7UGA for assembling a spirited team. Also to our perennial in
state multi-op rivals at K7ZSD for coming up with the winning combination of
station configuration and operators. Being able to run 20 and 40 SSB and CW at
the same time did the trick. Not sure we could do that at NK7U with our tower
and antennas.  We did beat them on SSB but they smoked us on CW as we were a
bit short of our usual hot shot CW ops. We have to thank KL2A for dropping by
in between his kid's baseball games and then closing out the last three hours.
And, where did K7ZSD find those other two mults?

Our only suggestion, as others mentioned, is maybe make this a 15 hour contest.
Ending at mid-night west coast time is 3AM on the east coast and not many people
are still up. Maybe if the bands were open worldwide it would be different, but
something to think about.

Scott/K7ZO and one of the NK7U gang.