[3830] WPX CW N3CZ(@K4SV) SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3cz@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N3CZ(@K4SV) SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 21:42:32 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N3CZ
Operator(s): N3CZ
Station: K4SV

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Tryon,NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  848
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  848  Prefixes = 505  Total Score = 1,510,488

Club: NCDXCC

Comments:

My second WPX CW contest from USA. This time I run the contest from K4SV,Dave's
superstation in Tryon,NC and I appeciate his hospitality and letting me try to
run this well equipped and yet easy to use station.

Band conditions in general very good.
Nice openings to VK/ZL,JA and rest of the Pacific and almost consistently good
propagation into Europe but yet not many stations from S.America ended up in my
log.Boys from ZL6QH have impressed me again this year with amazingly strong
signal as usual.

Using an ICOM IC-7800 plus 2ele yagi antenna and a punch from and Acom 2000 did
work for me very well.I was impressed with the dual receivers on the IC-7800 and
simplicity to operate this radio.Separate filters for both receivers helped a
lot into working some of tiny signals from Europe.Best thrill was working
OK2BYW/QRP.

Worked everything heard on the band...then few times ended in "neverending"
CQ's with no answers. However as always - WPX is one of my favourite contests
and as always it was fun to pull the weak ones thru.
One advice to all - take a good rest before the contest.This is what I missed
again this year.

Thanks to all who ended up in my log. This is a great hobby we enjoy and CW
should be part of it all the way.

73
Vlad,
N3CZ (ZS6MG)