[3830] WPX CW DL8MBS SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW DL8MBS SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:32:35 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
  160:    0
   80:   91
   40:  193
   20:  252
   15:   91
   10:   12
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

The opportunity to operate more than my usual few hours came on too short notice
to build more than a humble portable setup with two low Inverted Vees. But it
was of course big fun to experience the ups and downs over the (nearly)
complete operation period. Especially 15m was good for some surprises even
without reaching DX like 9N or KG6. The nightly 20m-NA-propagation offered a
wealth of fluttery signals - but not too many contacts with my setup.

On the bad side there were more than a few operators suddenly terminating a
difficult QSO with CQ - without having sent something like "tu/cfm" or "sri
nil/ltr". Sometimes I waited for their next QSO to hear the number - about half
of them had logged our contact, half of them not....

Thanks a lot to all the patient ops dealing with my signal - sometimes with
outstanding patience like WR3Z, KE0UI, ES8DH or UR6QS.

Rig: IC718 reduced to 5 W
Ant: 40-m-doublets InvVee (T-like on 80m) @ 8/12 m

73, Chris