[3830] WPX CW NC7J(W7CT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7ct@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NC7J(W7CT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 18:07:16 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NC7J
Operator(s): W7CT
Station: NI7T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: UT
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:   18
   40:  379
   20:  705
   15:  195
   10:   56
------------

Club: UTAH DX ASSN

Comments:

Thanks to Mike, NI7T, for letting me enjoy his station this weekend.  I
couldnâ??t have anticipated better conditions with a 15 meter opening to Europe
and Japan at the same time.  Unfortunately, the low bands were very noisy the
most of the weekend, so I wasnâ??t able to run as much as I would have liked
to.  The E opening on 10 meters helped the score.

High winds were prevalent during most of the contest, gusting upwards of 40 to
60 MPH.  The winds finally did their damage to the high C-31 and caused the
antenna to become unusable Saturday.  For some reason the antenna fixed itself
on Sunday morning and I was able to use the stack again.

Again thanks to Mike for letting me tear his place apart and also to Alice for
putting up with me.  Their hospitality made the entire weekend very enjoyable
for me.

Look for bigger and better scores from NI7T during the upcoming 2006 â?? 2007
contest season.  We are still finding out what does and doesnâ??t work in
central Utah.  By the end of the summer the station will have changed again as
we apply the lessons we learned from the pass season.

73

Jim W7CT