[3830] WPX CW NN7SS(K6UFO) SO(A)AB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN7SS(K6UFO) SO(A)AB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:41:39 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
  160:    0
   80:    1
   40:    9
   20:   68
   15:   56
   10:   15
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I had a fun time with my first use of the former N0AX station on Vashon Island,
WA. I worked all week, then drove up from California, and then had to setup all
the equipment and figure out all the connections, so I didn't get on until late
Saturday afternoon, and didn't have the stamina to stay up all night. I ran QRP
to really see how well the antennas performed, and I made contacts on all bands
80 - 10m, and even Worked All Continents - QRP!

A few problems - like I couldn't get the rotors to turn the antennas - but N0AX
came by on Monday and solved that. Some of the notable DX was SK3W, OH6XX, S9SS
and even P49Y on 10m! Thanks for the contacts,

NN7SS (operator K6UFO "Mork")

Equipment: Yaesu FT-1000MP, Writelog logging software.
Antennas:
80m: East and West wire slopers hanging down from 47 ft.
40m: 2-el shorty yagi at 48 ft.
20-10m: 3-el Steppir at 55 ft.