[3830] RESULTS OF 2005 OCEANIA DX CONTEST

To: 3830@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com,Contesting@mail.nzart.org.nz, uk-contest@contesting.com,vkcc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [3830] RESULTS OF 2005 OCEANIA DX CONTEST
From: Brian Miller <brianmiller@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:21:10 +1200
Hello everyone

The report and full results for the 2005 Oceania DX Contest are now available
on-line at www.oceaniadxcontest.com . The W4TI Cabrillo Tools log checking
report for each entry will also be published on the web site in due course.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners in the 2005 Oceania DX Contest. Of special
note is the outstanding performance of VK6DXI who again wins the Oceania
Single-Op All Band category in both the PHONE and CW sections. JA7NVF is also
noted for producing a high score which is more than twice that of other stations
outside Oceania.in the Single-Op All Band PHONE category.

Overall, activity was down from that experienced in 2004 - there were 12% fewer
logs submitted in 2005 compared with 2004. The reduced activity can be largely
attributed to the poorer conditions on the high as we approach the bottom of the
current sunspot cycle. Hopefully we will start to see an improvement in activity
over the next year or two as the solar flux starts to climb again.

The 70th Oceania DX contest will be held on the first two weekends of October
2006 as follows:

PHONE: 0800 UTC Saturday 7 October to 0800 UTC Sunday 8 October
CW: 0800 UTC Saturday 14 October to 0800 UTC Sunday 15 October

The rules for the 2006 contest are similar to those for 2005, and are published
on the Oceania DX Contest web site at http://www.oceaniadxcontest.com/rules.pdf
Note that there are several new awards bring offered to entrants in the 2006
contest.

Thank you to the members of the Oceania DX Contest Committee who managed the
various tasks for the 2005 contest. This is a huge effort, involving around 200
hours of time from the Committee volunteers. We are also very grateful for the
support provided by Bruce Lifter W4TI, NZART, WIA and the sponsors of the
various awards.

Finally and most importantly, thank you to everyone who participated in the 2005
contest and made it such a success. We look forward to seeing you all again,
along with new entrants, in the 2006 event. Let's hope for some better
conditions and make it the biggest and best Oceania DX Contest ever!

73 from

Oceania DX Contest Committee (ZL1AZE, VK3TZ, ZL3GA, ZL2BSJ, VK4UC, VK2FHN,
VK6DXI, VK1JDX, VK4EMM, VK2CZ, VK2AYD)