[3830] DL-DX RTTY DQ2006Y(DL6JZ) SOAB-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl6jz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] DL-DX RTTY DQ2006Y(DL6JZ) SOAB-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:18:02 -0700
                    DL-DX RTTY Contest

Call: DQ2006Y
Operator(s): DL6JZ
Station: DL6JZ

Class: SOAB-24 HP
QTH: Oderberg
Operating Time (hrs): 22:00

   80:   83   797    21
   40:  146  1478    40
   20:  267  3270    80
   15:   60   631    19
   10:   22   228    12
-------------------------
Total:  578  6404   172  Total Score = 1,101,488

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

What a contest! I got the best result for me in this one, while the conds are
going downwards. It was not my main goal to maximize my own contest score but I
wanted to give as much stations as possible the chance to work this special
event call. I was aware that a lot of operators were chasing for the
DQ/DR-calls because a contest must be a good opportunity. So I decided to call
CQ only. And it worked also. After a slow begin the rate went higher and I had
a lot of good DX contacts on 20 m and on 40 m. 15 m was not good at all, no W-
and no JA-station on this band! The QRN on the 80 m-band was around S8 to S9 so
I got only a few QSOs outside Europe. 20 m was open all the night. A highlight
was VK3FM calling me at 22:49 Z via long path while my beam was about 30
degrees off. But it was the only VK beside VK6HD on 40 m. Other highlights were
KH6ZM on 20 m, some W6 to W0, 2 BY-stns and VE9DX on 80 m. It seems to me that
te participation in this contest is growing up from Year to year.
Ur QSL cards for the DQ/DR-stns are not needed. All outgoing cards will be
processed through the buro automatically.
73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ (sometimes DQ2006Y)