[3830] IARU N3NR SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N3NR SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:39:36 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N3NR
Operator(s): N3NR
Station: N3NR

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:          10      2
   80:          78     22
   40:         132     36
   20:         350     58
   15:          55     19
   10:           5      3
---------------------------
Total:   0     630    140  Total Score = 230,440

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

IARU is my favorite contest and the activity this year certainly did not
dissapoint! This is my personal best score in this contest!

The last two years I had station problems that prevented me from giving a full
effort. Got started this year an hour and a half late, and conditions seemed
just awful. As the contest progressed things just kept getting a little bit
better every hour; just amazing! The big key was discovering that you don't
absolutely need to operate split on 40m phone now. I had a slew of UK and
Belgian stations worked in the US phone band on 40m. Just great to hear them
call simplex!

Just to note, all antennas here are either dipoles or verticals; hopefully the
next big station improvement will be a triband yagi!

Thanks again to everyone for the great fun!

Special thanks to my wife Elena, and kids, Nicholas, Victoria, and Sophia, for
being so nice to let me have a mostly free 24 hours that I could play radio
with!

See everyone next year!