[3830] IARU K5ER SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5er@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K5ER SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:03:29 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER
Station: K5ER

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:           2      2
   80:          14      6
   40:         167     26
   20:         618     67
   15:          69     19
   10:         125      9
---------------------------
Total:   0     995    129  Total Score = 377,067

Club:

Comments:

In 2004, W5WZ and I teamed to win Louisiana Section with 549 Q's. We missed
2005, so in 2006, our goal was to win LA again, and possible place higher in
Division. I upgraded from a TH-3, to a TH-6 @ 90' and a C31-XR at 60' plus a
EF-240X @ 70'. Hoped this would help. Late Friday evening, Scott informed me
that a business matter would force him to work the weekend. RATS - he is a more
aggresive contester than me, and logged more Q's than me in '04. So now I have
to go alone and "defend" our last outing.

Everything tested fine Friday, but after the contest started, the first time I
tried to turn the F12's, they made it to 235 degrees and stopped. Could swing
East 1/2 circle, but nothing past NW. Murphy had struck.

It was great to add mults by switching between the two tri-banders w/o having
to wait on rotors. Guess the new aluminum and the determination caused by
losing a second op actually paid off. Even as a single, added 446 Q's above the
best previous IARU. Thanks everybody who made it in the log for making it a
great contest.

73,
Mark, K5ER