[3830] CQWW VHF K0UK SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K0UK SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:57:51 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 4:04hr

    6:  109    68
    2:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  110    69  Total Score = 7,659

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Started the contest with my best hour ever since doing a VHF contest with 52
contacts and 28 mults. Then with the phone calls regarding neighbors getting
TVI from the IC706 which only runs 50watts on 6mtrs. It a converted JA model I
purchased used many years ago. I then went to cw for my first ever contacts on
cw and that was fun. Had to send everything by hand and not the computer.
Shades of the good old days. Sunday had church, tried to get on and one
neighbor came over. His wife sent him..I was running 20watts which yesterday
per their test didnt interfere with the tv but today it was so. Well I just
quit and turned my score in and went to other things. Need to raise the 6mtr
antenna up on the tower..Maybe in the future.  Had fun and it was a good
opening for me here from the radio challenged area of Orchard Mesa. Worked N0KE
on two band and both modes on 6mtrs. Heard W0EEA at the beginning of the test
but with his antenna's east and the east coming in they didnt hear my west side
signal. Same with W6ONL but I did work Jay K0GU on cw rather easily.
Fun was the name of the game while it lasted. Maybe more next year. PTL God
Bless, bill K0UK