[3830] CQWW VHF K1TEO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jdklein@hewitt.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K1TEO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:54:17 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT/FN31
Operating Time (hrs): 12.8

    6: 1092   248
    2:   89    29
-------------------
Total: 1181   277  Total Score = 337,386

Club:

Comments:

Wow - best 6M condx I've ever experienced in my years of contesting. I agree
with Dave, NN1N that with a full-time effort 1500 Qs' would have been possible
in this one. Perhaps K3EAR, K8GP, K2DRH or K1TOL? With the June, Sept and UHF
tests as full-timie efforts, and the 10 ghz test upcoming as well, I always
plan to operate this one part-time. Though the band was open I went out to
dinner Saturday night with my family and pulled the plug before mid-nite, and
got a full 7 hours of sleep. Had to leave for a family picnic so ended my
operations before 1700z with the band still wide open. Hindsight - this was one
well suited for a full-time operation. Still, doubled my previous high QSO total
on 6M ( albeit 6M operating time isn't hindered by 10-band operation in this
one, hi!). And 248 grids beats my previous 6M high grid total by over 60! And,
that was without 15 local grids I worked in the June contest. I just never
really moved the beam around as they were coming so fast and furious on 6M
E-skip.

With 11 hours of operating on 6M, I averaged right around 100 Q's per hour. I
was truly amazed - there seemed to be a bottomless pit of stations to work.
Even as I shut down mid-day Sunday there were multiple callers - my last half
hour of operating netted 50 Q's and 6 new grids. Felt like 20 meters - anytime
a run stopped a simple "QRZ" usually got things restarted. To see how
widespread things were, here's a summary (6 meters) by Field:

Field      QSO's       Grids

DM         71           34
DN         14           9
EL         78           13
EM        367           83
EN        372           63
FM         43           15
FN        124           14

Other Fields worked included , CM, CN, CO, DO, EO, EJ, EK, and GN. Several
folks stopped by Saturday to mention that EU ws coming in but working 100+ per
hour was too much fun to turn the beam and and do some Dxing.

If there was 1 small down side of the 6M condx it was that 2M was deader than a
doornail. I went over there every so often and called lot's of CQ's with few
takers. I did enjoy getting in on some E-skip on Saturday evening working EN21,
31 and 41 and hearing several other W9 grids.

Anyway, tnx for the Q's - hope to have 6M condx like these again sometime and
be better prepared to operate full-time when that happens!

Rig: IC 756 (6)
     TS- 2000  (2)
Amp: SB 220 (6)
     8877  (2)