[3830] CQWW VHF N9DG SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N9DG SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:59:46 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N9DG
Operator(s): N9DG
Station: N9DG

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EN53bj
Operating Time (hrs): 16

    6:  206   119
    2:  146    56
-------------------
Total:  352   175  Total Score = 86,975

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Well for a contest that I didn't think I'd be able to get on for I actually did
pretty good. As luck would have it the things that were going to keep me from
participating didn't happen. That turned out to be a very lucky turn of events
too given how great the propagation was on both 6 and 2.

Most of the talk seems to be about 6M but here in the Midwest 2M played very
well indeed. I didn't really get into the 2M Es like some did not too far from
here. I was however able to make good with the tropo that was in there really
strong during the evening Saturday. It was still pretty good Sunday morning
too.

In the end I worked VUCC on 6M in less than a 24-hour period and 56 grids on 2M
over that same timeframe. I think it might even be the best I ever done on 2M
for multipliers in a contest. All of it done with 150-160 watts on the two
bands.