[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-21) N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-21) N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:43:23 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (7-21)

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      2
   80:  15      7
   40:  18     11
   20:  21      8
-------------------
Total:  57     28  Total Score = 1,596

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Fantastic conditions, the best of the year for me. We got a quarter inch of rain
two hours before the NS, and all my line noise went away. I could hear a pin
drop. However the west coast was so really loud on 20 that I worked only 7
mults there in 21 QSOs, and that hurt my score. W0YK blew away my receiver.

TR crashed when I was trying to work W4NZ at 0232 and I lost him and his QSO
and three minutes rebooting the computer. I have no idea what sequence of weird
key strokes did it. Sorry, Ted. So I had a grand total of 6 QSOs in the first
minutes, a poor start for sure. Things picked up, but it was not possible to
recover from that start.

The ten minute sequence QSO numbers were 15-21-21. "I could have been a
contendah" but for that start.....

Stations worked the most (thanks guys) were

5 QSOs: W0YK
4 QSOs: N4OGW, K1GU
3 QSOs: N4AF, AD4EB, K7NV, KU5B

Mults on 80 were TN, IN, MS, NC, TX, GA, and CO.

Mults on 160 were TX and TN.

Thanks to W0BH/9 for the WI mult on 40-never heard Bob on any other band.

Never heard N6RO, N2NL, or N9CK. Worked W9RE only twice. Got beat out several
times, and it was hard to hear to whom the station went back. Great activity
tonight.

Thanks to the NCCC for the great little NS thingie, and to the FB ops who
inhabit the bands these thirty minutes.

Jim N3BB