[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-21) K7NV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nv@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-21) K7NV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:40:12 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (7-21)

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Duh!
Operating Time (hrs): :30
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   8      3
   40:  13      8
   20:  18      9
-------------------
Total:  39     20  Total Score = 780

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well, what a great closing to this years little experiment!

I can see that it went quite well for many.
Last year, when I was the NCCC VP/contest cheerleader, I had to worry about
this NS thingie my friends had invented. This year all I had to do was show up
at the last minute (ready or not)and try to have some fun and learn how to be a
better contester with the things I have here.

This has become the highlite of my week! Just a real excuse to go have fun with
my friends and try to learn how to do it a little bit better.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this strange event! It is a total hoot
every week!

This week was a real struggle for me. Heard way more of you working each other
than I could work.

Thunderstorms in the area looked like they weren't gonna be on top of me at NS
time, so I plugged all the cables into the shack at 02:00z. Sounded pretty good
on 20 & 40.
Then the bell rang and I felt like the odd man out. Heard lots of Q's getting
made, but wasn't able to be involved in much of it. The lightning crashes were
horrendous, causing me to ask for many fills on the q's I was able to get.
Sorry for slowing you guys down.

30 minutes later, it is what it is!

Tons of fun, and since our NS meister Bill, N6ZFO & I were locked in mortal
combat for the duration of this series, never separated by much more than a
mult or two, it was real fun to be in there trying to win the non-trophy for
second place behind N6RO in the NCCC region.

Looks like Bill made a big move forward with more mults this week, and might
have a better score to replace one of his klinkers, than I have to replace one
of mine.

I'm hoping Bill ends up beating me and I have to buy him the beer, because he
has done a stellar job hosting this and last years summer series. That's a
pretty cheap price for this much fun!

Many thanks to all of you who caught on to this little gig to make it so much
fun for the rest of us, specially me!

We'll see you for the late summer/fall free form sessions of the NS that N6RO
will organize. He's gonna mix it up a bit and we'll try some new things, just
in case anyone is getting bored ;-) Stay tuned to the announcements on the
CQ-Contest reflector and the NCCC NS website.

See you guys on Thursdays + the regular head bashing sessions.
Like Mom said, "It's all fun boys till someone gets their eye poked out!"

73, Kurt