[3830] NAQP CW W1AF(@K1TTT) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1AF(@K1TTT) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:08:34 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W1AF
Operator(s): NF1R, K2TJ, K1TTT
Station: K1TTT

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   91    28
   80:  209    38
   40:  371    51
   20:  355    44
   15:   99    32
   10:    7     7
-------------------
Total: 1132   200  Total Score = 226,400

Club:

Team:

Comments:

What a blast!  MIT Radio Society's Andy, K2TJ and Harvard Wireless Club's
Clayton, NF1R operated from the awesome multi-multi station of Dave, K1TTT.
Our goal for this contest was to make 1,200 QSOs and have an outside shot of a
top 3 position.  We did not reach our QSO total goal, but we're very happy with
the score.

Observations:
-We wish more single ops had called out on 10 meters more frequently.  The band
was open, especially around 2200-2400.
-15 meters sounded like it might have some life early on in the contest, but
never opened in a great way.  After around 2 hours, we moved from the band, and
the 10-minute rule discouraged a return for the rest of the contest.
-Some signals were very loud on 160, but so were the static crashes.  The
conditions seemed to get worse there near the end of the contest.
-Our rate dropped somewhat during the dinner hours with few takers for CQs, but
picked up substantially around 0200Z.

Thanks to the stations we worked on 5 bands, and to K9OM whom we worked on six.
 Also, thanks to Dave for making his station available for the contest.

73,
Clayton NF1R
Andy K2TJ