[3830] NAQP CW K7BG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7bg@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7BG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:27:44 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 7:13
Radios: SO2R

  160:   21    13
   80:   61    28
   40:  199    44
   20:  146    37
   15:   46    21
   10:    8     6
-------------------
Total:  481   149  Total Score = 71,669

Club:

Team:

Comments:

TEAM: "Outer City Limits" (Late sign up with Gene--KB7Q/KL7)

Operated an hour or two and then decided I better spend some time with my soon
to be 20 year old daughter before she heads off to school so we went fishing
for 3 or 4 hours.

The best (at least in the rural areas) 10 meter beacon, bar none is on 27185
kHz. When the heterdyne level is audible you know 10 meters is open somewhere.
It was open a lot more than the Q totals show. I called cq a bunch, but few
came up to play.

Biggest booboo was trying to move XE2MX to 20 from 40. I blindly picked a freq
of 14.040 and we landed right on top of a loud station. Loco worked that
station, but I never got through 8) .

As previously noted, the low bands were as noisy as the mosh pit at a John
Reuben concert. Lots of rapid QSB. The big repeater in the sky was like a big
piece of swiss cheese and signals kept falling in the holes.

Nice to see everybody.

Matt--K7BG