[3830] NAQP CW AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:48:15 -0700

Team:

Comments:

Equipment:
K2/100 w/KAT100 running 100 watts

Antennas:
A3S/A743 at 15m (10,15,20,40m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m,160m)

Comments:

Now I'm sorry I didn't join a team. Thought I wouldn't get to operate but an
hour or so. Had comany coming in this weekend, but my wife came down with bad
bronchitis, so they postponed their trip. That cleared me for some operating
time.

Got a late start. Unlike the NAQP RTTY 10m, was pretty dead. 15m saw some
activity, but it was far out west only. Even 20m was long by 2100z. I moved to
40m in that hour, calling CQ was pretty effective, but the QRN was awful and
required a number of repeats. Went upstairs and found that some big
thunderstorms had moved in just south. Was QRT for nearly two hours waiting out
the storm.

After that, 40m became the big money band, with good rates in the 0000z hour. I
had a great time running on 40m and 80m. Had to shut down at 0300z. Probably
could have netted a good score had I stayed on.

That was really a lot of fun. I really enjoy the NAQPs because they are so
family-friendly. Managed to operate and yet have dinner with the family. See
you in a couple of weeks on Phone!