[3830] NAQP CW NR4M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7sv@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NR4M M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:23:41 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NR4M
Operator(s): K4EU, K7SV
Station: NR4M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   75    26
   80:  185    42
   40:  386    54
   20:  313    53
   15:   67    25
   10:   12     7
-------------------
Total: 1037   207  Total Score = 214,659

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Despite computer problems, low transmitter output, and a couple of tired OFs
operating, we had a blast in the first M/2 NAQP CW outing from the new NR4M
contest qth. As I considered what name to use I decided on Goat for several
reasons. First for reasons that won't be brought up here, the new location is
affectionately known as the Goat Farm. I also figured that with some rather
makeshift antennas from VA, it would be difficult to compete with the usual
high scoring M/2 suspects. I knew we'd get a lot of requests for repeats on the
name, but thought that as we operate more NAQPs in the future, folks would get
to know it. Besides it was a lot of fun. Got quite a few yuks out of it! We did
much better than I was expecting and we know of many things to do next time to
better the score! Great effort by my team-mate Steve K4EU! Many thanks to Steve
and Carolyn for use of the growing station!