[3830] WAE CW LN8W(LA7MFA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW LN8W(LA7MFA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:28:19 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA7MFA
Station: LN8W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Rakkestad
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:   86          72
   40:  251         114
   20:  419         102
   15:  140          58
   10:    0           0
-------------------------
Total:  896  1370   346  Total Score = 784,036

Club: Lima Alfa Contest Club

Comments:

It looks like I have managed to beat my own Norwegian record from 2002, but
with
very low margin. I have received too few QTCs this time, and my multiplier is
far too low, even though I have operated two radios. I need to focus more on
finding multipliers next time.

The conditions to USA the second day were great but it was still very hard to
work 15 meters most of the time.  And 10m was dead as usual.

It looks like I had too low emphasis on low bands compared to others, I and
missed too many multipliers there. And yes, 80m is very hard too work from here
this time of the year.

I need to plan better for the low bands and select pauses at the right times. I
lost a lot on 15m towards East, and on the low bands in the evening. Next time I
will focus more on multipliers and not on the number of QSOs and QTCs.

But surely high speed QSOs and QTCs is what makes this contest so cool!