[3830] SARTG ON5KQ SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG ON5KQ SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:07:11 -0700
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: ON5KQ
Operator(s): ON5KQ
Station: ON5KQ

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Brugge
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:    0     0     0
   40:  396  4410    70
   20:    0     0     0
   15:    0     0     0
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  396  4410    70  Total Score = 308,700

Club:

Comments:

Unfortunately the second part of the contest was very difficult, due to heavy
local thunderstorms. I had to close down, during EU prime-time for more than 1
hour and therefore missed many qso's. Even after the thunderstorm has passed, I
could hardly copy the Stations calling me, due to constant s9+ QRN even in my
500/250Hz passband of the FSK filter.... terrible.

Nevertheless I had lots of fun - first night was very nice, although condx were
not great be become extremly poor with the geomacnetic storm, which hits us
later. Only 1 JA called me - I head NO Japan or far east before him and after
him... No VK stations.... No any other Asian except E21... who called me with
nice signal.

Best signal: K6TA at about 5:30 with booming signal !
Nice surprises: 5U7B - huge signal as usual... and 3A2MW calling me 5 minutes
before the finish...

Tnx for all who called me - please forgive me for my poor RX-condx, as the
local thunderstorm destroyed my ears... (and the decoder of MMTTY...hihi)

73 de ON5KQ

See you next week in the YO-DX contest