[3830] SARTG TF3KX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tf3kx@simnet.is
Subject: [3830] SARTG TF3KX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:26:49 -0700
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: TF3KX
Operator(s): TF3KX
Station: TF3KX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Nr Reykjavik
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:   28   300    22
   40:   53   575    29
   20:  183  2030    55
   15:   20   265    14
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  284  3170   120  Total Score = 380,400

Club:

Comments:

Rig: IC746, 100W
Ant: Inv-V for 10-40m, 12m vertical for 80m
Log: N1MM with MMTTY for RTTY

This was to be a full blast participation, as I had for the first time set
aside the time for the entire SARTG contest.  Too bad the conditions failed.

During the first night I started hauling in the multipliers I could get on 80m
and 40m and was better off than ever at the end of the 1st period.

Then, a gemagnetic storm spoiled the 2nd period and partly the 3rd.  This is
particularly pronounced at this QTH as we are located underneath and within the
aurora belt.  Thus, the results were not that great after all.  Few far-away DX
stations were worked and fewer than usual NA-stations.  And 10m was totally
dead the entire time.  Well, these conditions are just a reminder that Murphy
may always be lurking around the corner.

There were periods where I simply could not work any station for an hour or so,
and these were really boring.  As a result my logging software reports 5 hours
off (no QSO for 30 minutes or more).  Aside from that I had fun, as usual.

Keep up the good work, SARTG organizers!