[3830] NAQP SSB VE1SKY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve1sky@canada.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE1SKY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:08:26 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE1SKY
Operator(s): VE1SKY
Station: VE1SKY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clementsport, NOVA S
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    1     1
   80:   16    12
   40:  141    31
   20:  116    36
   15:   14     8
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  289    89  Total Score = 25,721

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

One of my favourite contests.  My score is down from previous years - struggled
with computer problems from the lack of ram on an old Toshiba laptop that had a
hard time with N1MM.  The hardware didn't meet spec, but almost pulled
through...hi.  I had to do a lot of editing on the fly.  Running worked fine,
but the search & pounce portions of my effort caused the CAT bandplan to lag
far behind my dial spinning and rate.  N1MM logged the frequency it was on as
it was catching up to me.  I then felt obligated to edit each mis-logged
frequency I noticed. This procedure was not optimal!

I always enjoy the camaraderie in this little contest.  It's amazing what those
subtle inflections and tone of voice can impart in a quick logging exchange.  I
also enjoyed some abbreviated ragchewing from time to time when an acquaintance
would come back to my call. A power failure at exactly the end of my 10 hours
shut down my station and left me groping for candles for the obligatory beer
and contest reflections before bed. All-in-all, a great contest.  Thanks to all
who worked VE1SKY!

73
Roger

Multi band dipole