[3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:35:59 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   23    17
   80:   92    29
   40:  308    48
   20:  280    47
   15:   16    12
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  719   153  Total Score = 110,007

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Had a house full of company Fri-Sat-Sun so although I did find time to "sneak"
in NAQP, I actually took a number of 10 and 15 minute breaks throughout the
contest plus the usual 2 hours off. Did get a chance to introduce ham radio to
several guests and found out one of my wife's relatives was an avid SWL .. he
spent lots of time listening on the second set of headphones and happened to
catch my one 200+ rate on 40m which might have convinced him to turn ham! If it
were always like that ...

Just got back from vacation so no time to put my receive antennas back up. They
were really missed on 80 and 160 as the static levels made operating
uncomfortable.  20 and even 40 later on were quite active a good part of the
day. Heard DX on 10 but no contesters, and 15 was mostly out and not
productive.  States not heard: SD, AK, HI.  Heard but not worked: VE9.

NAQP is always fun. Everyone I asked was willing to move for me which was very
much appreciated. It was also fun working some of the usual CW gang on SSB for
a change.  Until next time ...

73, Bob, w0bh