[3830] K8AJS NCCC Sprint 08-25-2006

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] K8AJS NCCC Sprint 08-25-2006
From: John Bastin K8AJS <jbastin@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:49:18 -0400
                                    NS LADDER 1.12 - K8AJS
160M:
80M:
40M:
1  CA  2  GA  3  MD  4  NV  5  OR  6  WA  7  WI
20M:
1  CA  2  CO  3  FL  4  GA  5  IN  6  NV  7  NY  8  OR  9  TX
160M  QSOS =   0 in    0 minutes
80M  QSOS =   0 in    0 minutes
40M  QSOS =  16 in   13 minutes
20M  QSOS =  17 in   15 minutes
TOTAL QSOS  =  33 in  28 minutes
Total MULTS  =  16.
                            *** FINAL SCORE =  528 Points ***

Conditions weren't bad at the start of the contest, 20 meters was
relatively quiet and even though some signals weren't as strong as
previous weeks, the rate was OK. Then after about 15 minutes I went
to 40. What a difference! There has been rain and some storms in the
area recently and the atmospheric noise level on 40 was *awful*. Only
the strongest signals were copiable; I apologize to those I missed on
40 'cuz I just couldn't hear you.

For some reason this time I had a lot of problems with pushing the
wrong button to send the exchange. My apologies to those whom I
messed up because I "double-clutched" the beginning of the exchange
when I realized an error and started over on the correct message
button. I'll get my ducks in a row one of these days.

This was good warmup for the CW part of my operations in the Ohio QSO
Party this weekend. I'll invite everyone to please join us on
Saturday for the OQP. 80 through 10, phone and cw, it looks like all
88 counties in Ohio will be represented, either by home station
operations or one of the many mobiles that will be on the road.
Saturday 26 Aug 2006 from 1600Z - 0400Z. Complete rules are available at

http://www.oqp.us/

See you all in OQP!

73,

John E Bastin, K8AJS