[3830] WAE CW IO3P(IZ3EYZ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iz3eyz@virgilio.it
Subject: [3830] WAE CW IO3P(IZ3EYZ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:35:15 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: IO3P
Operator(s): IZ3EYZ
Station: IV3TMV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Udine
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:   35    29    17
   40:  317   439    45
   20:  496   573    62
   15:  153   265    40
   10:   75    51    24
-------------------------
Total: 1076  1357   455  Total Score = 1,107,015

Club:

Comments:

Main project was a MS together with Marco IK0YVV since he was on holiday in IV3
land. Because of family duties he couldn't have been full time so we looked for
another op. to cover his off times, unfortunately we focused on Italians and it
was too late (Friday late afternoon) when we thought about some S5 guys.

So it turned out into a SOABHP but without any kind of stn automation...forgot
the number of times I plugged in/out PL, N, RCA, to switch ants and filters.
I had just a paddle on the 2nd radio and no SO2R boxes, neither an audio
switching....let's say FOCUS was me selecting the radio I wanted to lsn with
headphones and the other one in the background.

Discovered too late some bad connection PL/N on 80mt into 2nd radio. Anyway I
guess it didn't hurt as much as the lack of rx-ants. Could detect lots of juicy
mults into s-7/9 QRN: VE9DX, 9V1YC, E21EIC, ZL6QH, and many others but signals
weren't loud enough to get the number.
Still some mults probably S&Ping on the bands I never heard or they simply
didn't call me. Qs and QTCs are quite ok, a bit lame on mults but without any
kind of even manual switch it was hard to move back and forth. I didn't manage
to get working an old TNC with my laptop so it ended up CLX wasn't linked with
logging software.

Just 2 hrs of bad QRN s-9+20 on Saturday early morning cos of a local t-storm.
In 2005 such QRN joined me for the whole contest...so I felt lucky this yr :-)

On the other hand noticed several SO and MS big guns were requesting Qs (mostly
new mults) through CLX ie. pse here, pse call, I 'm here call me....etc.
It would be great to know if such kind of selfspotting and Qs requesting is
allowed :-D

Anyway it was not only a funny contest weekend but a nice gathering to share
stories, plans, projects, improvements and more....

Gonna be back in 2007 for sure.

73

Matt.EYZ

STNA: MKV + HM. PA