[3830] NA Sprint CW N1LN HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N1LN HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 04:10:12 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   87       1
   40:  121       2
   20:   46       1
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Well, I guess wire antennas really work.  Good thing as my towers and yagis are
still sitting in the garage after moving from Texas to North Carolina.
Perhaps
some will be up for the next time.

Anyway....this was a fun evening as usual.  The frustration of using a 25'
high
dipole on 20 was high.  Many times my signal was less than needed to bust the
pile, so several mults were missed.  40 was a bit better - the dipole is about
35' up.  However, on 80 I actually had the feeling of being loud.  There I
have
an inverted-V with the top about 56'.

Thanks to all for the Qs - the repeats - and the patience.

See you next time -
Bruce - N1LN