[3830] NA Sprint CW KZ5D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KZ5D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 07:19:01 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   65     :55
   40:  121    1:40
   20:   87    1:25
---------------------

Club: Cajun Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Dashers

Comments:

Super contest. We need a couple more during the year like this (besides the
Thursday night practice). Got off to a slow start, but managed to salvage a
decent hour with 72 Qs. The second hour was better with 78. I was on track to
hit the magical 300, if I could just keep the rate up. Then hour 3 hit and it
all went south. Should have changed bands more, maybe. I definitely should have
hit 80 earlier. Lessons learned. Just before the start, I got on 20 and answered
W4PA's CQ. We exchanged 549 reports. I remarked, "It's going to be rough." So at
the start when things started to get better quickly on 20, it was a welcome
surprise.

Gator blew me out of the chair with his #175 at 1 1/2 hours into the contest.
This guy definitely has the SO2R thing perfected. Congrats to all the guys with
the fantastic scores.

Hourly Qs were 72, 78, 58 (I didn't fall asleep), and 65.

Hope to have SO2R before the next one. Judging from the results that's about
the only way to get over 300 Qs.