[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6aa@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6AA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:14:01 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6AA
Operator(s): N6AA
Station: N6AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:
   40:   6      0.5
   20:
---------------------
Total:   6     Mults = 4  Total Score = 24

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Having been on in every Sprint, except the first one, I decided to try to make a
few QSOs in this one, even though I was on a boat most of the day.

Drove to QTH of N6VI on Friday, and borrowed his K-2, complete with built-in
battery capable of a few hours of operation.

Brought rig on boat, but decided it was too crowded to operate. Arrived back at
dock with 45 minutes left in Sprint. Drove car to place in parking lot near row
of trees. Unreeled about 50 feet of wire through low tree branches, ran it in
through the car window, and connected it to the K-2 which sat on the passenger
seat.

Very high SWR on 80. Called a few guys with no answers. Flash, QSYd to 40,
where the built-in automatic antenna tuner tuned to 1.6 to 1 SWR. Called KU8E.
He came right back and I worked him! Searched around and found log book,
hopefully remembered his exchange, and put him in the log.

Spent the next 25 minutes testing who could really hear. Some can and some can
not. Even had W6PH call me from Hawaii after a QSO.

Returned the radio today, typed my log, submitted it to the robot. Not sure if
I was running more than 5 watts, so I entered as LP. Missed California this
time, but wait till next year.