[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:16:14 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   80
   40:  103
   20:   77
---------------------

Club:

Team: United Phlying Lid Exp #1

Comments:

Good conditions, lots of activity. Twenty was long from here in the midwest, but
40 and 80 were excellent, with strong signals, and were generally quiet.

I used the name "Geo" in memory of our friend and fellow contester George
Shands, W9WUU, who passed away just before the start of last year's (2005)
contest season. George was in his 50th year as a ham, having been first
licensed in 1956. He loved ham radio and he loved contesting, but most of all I
think he loved the people involved.

Thanks to all the excellent operators for all the Qs.

73

Jim