[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3CDD/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3cdd@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3CDD/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:43:27 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    6     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  127    35  Total Score = 7,700

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was an experimental run for the rover setup to see what a minimal
horizontal loop setup could do and I am very impressed with the results
considering the compromises made with respect to antennas, feedlines, and
equipment.

Overall the bands were poor with occasional bursts of signal from the south,
the local contacts made this contest worthwhile. Only non-local contacts: W2SZ
in FN32 from FN15 & FN24, N2PA in FN12 from FN15 -- I heard KA1ZE in FN01 from
FN15 & FN25 but could not work him.  Many thanks to the multiple contacts from
VE3WCC/R, VE3XK, VE3CVG, VA2UK, VE2DWA, VA3KS, VE3IAO and others.

Distance Driven:  ~350km (~220Miles)
regards,
Dean -- VA3CDD